Making granola has been one of my favourite things to do since my mum used to fill the house with smells of her delicious homemade granola when we were growing up. Almond butter has such an indulgence taste that works perfectly in this recipe to flavour and coat the granola to make the ultimate crunch and taste. Try adding any of your favourite dried fruit to make it extra fruity, chopped dates or apricots also taste great.
Makes 1 large jar & takes 60 minutes to cook
400g jumbo oats
60g golden caster sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
100g almonds, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons of runny almond butter
100ml melted coconut oil (or a very mild olive oil)
100ml maple syrup
100g raisins (or any dried fruit of your choice)
1. Preheat the oven to 140C, fan setting. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, cinnamon and chopped almonds.
3. Once mixed, spoon in the almond butter and add the oil and maple. Mix everything really well until all of the oats are coated.
4. Spread the mixture out over the lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and give it a good mix to ensure all sides of the oats will turn golden. Place back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and give it another good mix. Place back in the oven for a final 20 minutes.
7. Once cooked, remove from the oven and mix through the raisins.