These green eggs are the perfect weekend brunch recipe to make at home when you're looking for something that feels wholesome, filling and delicious. We came up with the idea on a walk one day when we were talking about what ingredients would make our perfect breakfast recipe - we wanted something green, with runny eggs, feta and lots of garlic, and this hits the brief perfectly! It’s become a real favourite at home now and we make it all the time.
Serves 2-4 & takes 25 minutes to cook
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1x 400g cannellini beans, drained
200g spinach, roughly chopped
2 heaped tablespoons of pesto
200g plain organic yoghurt
1 tablespoon of tamari
4 organic eggs
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, grill setting.
2. Place a large pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Once warm, add the crushed garlic, drained cannellini beans and a pinch of salt. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes until the cannellini beans start to become soft.
4. At this point, add the chopped spinach and mix well. Cook for another 5 minutes until the spinach wilts.
5. Once the spinach has wilted, stir through the yoghurt, pesto and tamari. Cook for 10 minutes until everything has heated through.
6. Crack the eggs on top of the mixture and crumble the feta over the entire dish. Place in the oven to grill for 5 minutes, or as soon as the eggs are cooked through but still have a little runny yolk.