Our go-to stir fry when we're looking for something quick, easy and filling. The stir fry sauces uses a few cupboard ingredients and is so full of flavour, with the toasted sesame paneer and roasted cashews adding a delicious bite. We love to use a combination of yellow and red bell peppers but you can use any bell peppers you have at home. Topped with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and coriander, it looks stunning.
Serves 2-3 & takes 30 minutes to cook
For the stir fry:
1 pack of paneer (200g), cut into bite-sized chunks
100g soba noodles
1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
Handful of roasted cashews
Handful of chopped coriander
Dash of almond milk (or water)
Toasted sesame oil
Pinch of salt
For the dressing:
2 tablespoons of boiling water
2 tablespoons of creamy tahini
2 tablespoons of almond butter
2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
1 tablespoon of runny honey
Juice of 1 lime
Pinch of salt
1. Place a pan over a medium-high heat and add a drizzle of toasted sesame oil. Once warm, add the chunks of paneer and cook until golden on all sides - this could take around 10 minutes. Once cooked, spoon the paneer onto a plate and leave to one side until needed.
2. Place the pan back over a medium heat and add a drizzle of toasted sesame oil. Once warm, add the sliced onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Mix well and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the onion becomes soft.
3. While the onion is cooking, mix together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl - if it doesn't become completely smooth, don’t worry because it will in the cooking process.
4. Once the onion has become soft, add the fried paneer chunks and sliced bell peppers. Mix well and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the peppers become soft, constantly stirring to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
5. While that is cooking, put the noodles on to cook according to the instructions on the pack. Once cooked, drain and leave to one side until needed.
6. Pour the sauce into the pan and add half of the roasted cashews. Mix well until everything is coated in the sauce and cook for a few more minutes until everything is piping hot.
7. Finally, mix through the noodles - adding a dash of almond milk (or water) if needed to bring everything together and create a really creamy texture.
8. Top the stir fry with the rest of the roasted cashews, sprinkle with sesame seeds and some chopped coriander.