These make the ultimate side dish to any Sunday lunch or dinner party. The potatoes are roasted until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, before being mixed with a rich, sun-dried tomato sauce, parmesan, fresh basil and paprika. We love to sprinkle some extra parmesan over the top of the dish and bake until piping hot and bubbling.
Serves 4 as a side & takes 40 minutes to cook
750g baby salad potatoes
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1 onion, peeled and diced
For the sun-dried tomato sauce
1x 280g jar sun-dried tomatoes, plus 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar
1 teaspoon of paprika
2 garlic cloves, peeled
Handful of basil, roughly chopped (plus some more for the top)
250-300ml almond milk
50g grated veggie-style parmesan cheese (optional, leave out for a vegan version)
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 220C, fan setting.
2. Slice narrow slits into the potatoes (we make about 6 in each one), ensuring not to cut the whole way down. Place into a large roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil, the rosemary, paprika and a good pinch of salt.
3. Mix well and cook for 25 minutes until crispy on the outside and cooked through. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to one side until needed.
4. Place a large oven-proof pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once warm, add the diced onion and a pinch of salt. Mix well and cook for 5-10 minutes until the onion becomes soft.
5. Meanwhile, place the sun-dried tomatoes (plus 1 tablespoon of the oil from the jar), the paprika, garlic cloves, a handful of basil, the almond milk and a pinch of salt into a powerful blender (we use a NutriBullet) and blend until it comes together to form a thick paste (if needed, add a dash of water to make the mixture blend well).
6. Once the onion has softened, pour the sauce into the pan and add the grated parmesan. Mix well and cook for a few minutes until everything comes together. Taste and season before stirring through the roasted potatoes.
7. Sprinkle over some more grated parmesan and cook in the oven for a final 5-10 minutes until the whole dish is piping hot and bubbling.
8. Serve with some black pepper, some more parmesan and some chopped basil on top.