Light and flavoursome, this is a great curry to cook on any evening of the week. The tomatoes break down to create a juicy base before being mixed through the coconut milk to make the delicious curry sauce. The mixture of tomatoes and courgettes cooked down with aromatic spices tastes incredible mixed with creamy coconut milk, brown rice miso paste and zesty lime juice.
Serves 4 & takes 35 minutes to cook
1kg tomatoes (whatever tomatoes you have, we use a mixture of small yellow and red cherry tomatoes), roughly chopped
2 courgettes, cut in half lengthways and cut into half moon shapes
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon of brown mustard seeds
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
½ teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1x 400g can of coconut milk
1 teaspoon of brown rice miso paste
Large handful of spinach
Juice of 2 limes
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, fan setting.
2. Place half of the tomatoes and the courgette slices into a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt, before cooking for 25 minutes, or until they both become soft.
3. While the vegetables cook, place a large pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once warm, add the diced red onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Mix well and leave to cook for 5-10 minutes until the onion begins to feel soft.
4. At this point, add the spices and cook for 2 minutes before adding the rest of the chopped tomatoes. Mix well and leave the tomatoes to cook for 10-15 minutes, until they completely break down and become soft and almost paste-like.
5. Pour in the coconut milk, add the miso paste and squeeze in the lime juice. Mix everything together and leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
6. Finally, mix through the roasted vegetables and spinach, allow the spinach to wilt before serving.