Our red lentil and corn curry has been so popular, so we’ve made an even easier and quicker version using mainly cupboard ingredients that you can make on any evening of the week. Soft red lentils is cooked with spics, creamy coconut milk and a handful of spinach - if you’ve got any other leftover veggies at home, you can roast them and mix them through.
Serves 2 & takes 35 minutes to cook
1 onion, peeled and diced
3 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
1 teaspoon of dried cumin
1 teaspoon of dried coriander
1 teaspoon of turmeric
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
1x 400g can of sweetcorn, drained
200g red lentils
Juice of 1 lime
1x 400g can of coconut milk
Large handful of spinach
Olive oil (or coconut oil)
Pinch of salt
1. Start by blending 3/4s of the sweetcorn into a smooth paste (we use a NutriBullet).
2. Place a large pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once warm, add the diced onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Mix well and cook for 5-10 minutes until the onion feels soft.
3. At this point, add the spices and blended sweetcorn and the rest of the sweetcorn. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes before adding the red lentils, lime juice and coconut milk.
4. Mix everything together and leave to simmer for 20 minutes, or until the red lentils feel soft.
5. Once the red lentils feel soft, mix through the spinach and leave to wilt before serving.
Tip: if you don't have all of the spices, you can replace them for curry powder.