Bright, colourful and delicious - this is the ultimate centrepiece to any dinner party or Sunday lunch spread. We made this recipe recently for an Easter celebration with the family and everyone loved it so much they asked us to put the recipe up. If you don't have all of the vegetables in the list, you can mix through any roasted vegetables you have at home - asparagus, butternut squash and cauliflower all work great too.
Serves 2-4 with sides & takes 30 minutes to cook
1 aubergine, cut into small pieces
2 courgettes, cut into small pieces
1 onion, peeled and diced
3 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
2 red peppers, cut into small pieces
2 teaspoons of paprika
1 vegetable stock pot, mixed with 150ml boiling water
1 bunch of basil, finely chopped
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, fan setting.
2. Place the chopped courgette and aubergine pieces into a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt, mix well until everything is coated in the oil before roasting for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
3. While the vegetables are roasting, place a large pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once warm, add the diced onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Mix well and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the onion turns soft.
4. At this point, add the diced red peppers and paprika. Mix well and cook for another 5-10 minutes before adding the couscous and pouring in the hot vegetable stock. Leave to cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the couscous turns soft and absorbs all of the water - you can add a dash more if needed.
5. Once couscous is cooked, mix the roasted vegetables and chopped basil through the dish and serve.