Roasted sweet potatoes and chickpeas mixed with crunchy toasted peanuts, spring onions and chilli, with a creamy peanut butter dressing spiced with harissa bringing everything together. It might not be an obvious one, but the combination of sweet potato and peanut is a match made in heaven, and this salad is utterly delicious.
Serves 4 & takes 35 minutes to cook
For the dressing
2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon of harissa paste
120ml almond milk
Pinch of salt
For the salad
3 sweet potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
1x 400g can of chickpeas, drained
2 teaspoons of paprika
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
Large handful of toasted peanuts
Large handful of spring onions, sliced
1 red chilli, sliced
Pinch of sesame seeds
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, fan setting.
2. Place the sweet potato chunks and drained chickpeas onto a large baking tray. Sprinkle with salt, paprika and cumin, before drizzling with olive oil and mixing well until everything is coated. Cook for 25-30 minutes until the sweet potatoes turn soft.
3. Make the dressing by placing all of the ingredients into a powerful blender (we use a NutriBullet) and blending until smooth, adding a dash more almond milk if needed to make it blend.
4. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven and mix through the dressing and peanuts.
5. Serve with sliced spring onions, sesame seeds and red chilli on top.